- Please practise the high frequency words – learning the spellings and the application of them in sentences.
- Reading every day and asking comprehension questions.
- Mental maths – e.g. counting back and forward in 2,5,10, odd and even numbers.
- Money – work on recognising, counting, adding and working out the change.
- Halving and quartering numbers.
- Remembering 2d and 3d shapes and their properties.
- Writing numbers correctly to 100 and beyond.
- Writing correctly names of days, months and seasons.
- Using punctuation in sentences – question marks, exclamation marks, full stops, capital letters and commas.
- Practise writing sentences using adjectives and adverbs in their writing.
- Handwriting practise – writing on the line, using finger space and correctly writing ascenders and descenders.